Friday, October 5, 2007

Some musings

Fall always brings thoughts of being on the honey bee farm and wishing I had more turnips. Sigh, good times! My brothers and I would hurl the two turnips we had at each other for a good 5 minutes, 37 seconds. What we would have given for just 40 more of those tasty roots, but alas, in the wilds of Sri Lanka we could ill afford such luxuries.

I remember one time around October 5th, 1973, 10:31.40, that my brothers had started without me due to the extensive list of adverbs that I was working on. How I cried that day! The tears pooled on my thesaurus as I watched the bruising form on my brother's ear, and I secretly hoped that it would be gone by the end of the play time. But it was all in vain, as he strutted around the courtyard sporting his freshly purpled lobe which looked like Barney after a car crusher accident.

So, now that I'm older, and have children of my own, I would love to introduce them to some of the precious activities that will not only make them stronger, but also give them a healthy dose of potential blood clots.

Well, here we are, out back near the crane (machinery not bird), and my youngest has the crane (bird not machinery) by the neck! Guffaw! After showing him how to properly hold the bird (not machinery) by the left dorsal fin, we're ready!

Let me tell you, the looks on everyone's faces was pure joy. Their eyes shined as turnips were tossed and ears turned purple! I dare say that if the crane (machinery not bird) were alive, it would have had the most fun of all! And the crane (bird not machinery) squawked his loud approval at our antics!

Sigh, good times!

3 comments:

Tami Parker said...

As the little sister of rambunctiousness such as this, I disapprove. Bruising is not a badge of honor among girls.

TheBigBearButt said...

And ehre I was visiting to tell you that Ego has linkied to you too.... and found Ego delurked already.

Heh heh ....

As Emelio said... "Hey.. I'll make ya famous."

Rusty said...

/swoon. Oh, boy, now I'm really worried....

Thanks Ego!