Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Another Naxx10, another pwning

Last night was a fresh Naxx10. We cleared the Spider wing and took down Patchwerk in just shy of 2 hours.

Since the last run, I have upgraded my chest piece to the Argent Crusade one and bought the Emblem of Heroism neck and waist pieces. Unbuffed, I'm up to 3175 attack power, 23.47% crits, and 258 hit rating.


Let's look at the results:

Looks like a 330 DPS improvement over last Thursday. Not bad, if I do say so myself! I had one noob moment where I forgot to switch back to Aspect of the Dragonhawk from Viper on the first boss. Whoops.

My DPS on Patchwerk was over 2700; yay on me!

EDIT: I really shouldn't blog while sick. I meant to include the fact that my hit rating is 258, and I had zero misses. I'll be lowering my hit rating to add a bit more oomph. I'll let you know how it goes.

In other news, yesterday, I did my first Vault of A-something. I did both the 10 and 25 man versions, and we one shotted it. Oh, yeah, and the groups were pure PuGs. Easy peasy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey bud, you do know if you put 3 points in Focused Aim, then you only need 196 Hit rating to hit level 83 raid bosses right? Just thought you should know before clogging yourself down with tons of Hit Rating gems and items :) Gratz on the raids and loots man!

Rusty said...

I suppose I should have read all the way through that talent. Doh!

I think I'll end up dumping two points in Cobra Strikes to pick up two points in Focused Aim.

I'm just not sure what else I could steal a point from in order to max it out. But two points should bring my hit cap down to...231 or so?

If I get close, I know I really won't have a problem.

Anonymous said...

You're ultimately looking for 9% Hit TOTAL. With 3 points in Focused Aim, you need to make up the other 6% with gear and gems...unless you're a Tentacle Face who get ANOTHER 1%.

For the sake of argument, Dwarfvader obviously isn't a space goat so we're looking at 6%. Consensus is that 32.79 Hit Rating = 1%. That would be 196.74 Hit Rating to reach 6%.

If you take only one point in FA, you need 8% from gear and gems which is 262.32 Hit Rating. 2 points in FA is 7% you have to make up so that's 229.53 Hit Rating.

Where do you get the three points you ask? Well, you could use the three you currently have in Hawk Eye. Do you really need the range increase? Hell just take one point out of it if you're already jacking 2 from Cobra Strikes.

Rusty said...

And another reason not to comment while sick! I totally forgot putting points in Hawk Eye as I usually forgo it.

I believe I'll just dump Hawk Eye altogether and put the points in Focused Aim. Don't know why I didn't see it before.../facepalm.

I appreciate your feedback and corrections to my oblivious noobishness; keep 'em coming!