Saturday, July 27, 2013

Another race, another land speed record for humans with my DNA match

After I got home from the race, it was such a nice day that I had to get out for a run.  I set my pace alarms for the recovery run at 10:10 and 10:50 and, as you can see, didn't obey the watch.

For the race, I set my pace alarms at 8:25 and 9:05 (8:45 pace) and did obey the watch, well, except for the last mile.  At the (very) end of the race, I was cruising at a 4:37 pace! In fact, the last .06, I averaged a 5:02 min pace! Now, that is running!

I had to thank two guys that were ahead of me the entire race until I shot past them at the end.  I knew if I could keep them close, I might be able to beat them with my kick, and sure enough, I did.  I think I passed 4 or 5 people in the last tenth.  8~P

As soon as the results are posted, I'll follow up with placement and the such.  Or I should say, whenever I get around to it, I'll look up the results and probably just post them on my next run...

Tomorrow (Sunday, what is this Mr. Schedule???): 4 miles @ 10:15 pace

UPDATE: Results are in!
Age group (45-49): 7/10
Overall: 69/161 Top half!

No comments: