Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Rusty goes to the gym

Last night, my wife and I headed out to take advantage of our new gym membership at LA Fitness. We didn't do much, just a little machine training; we were mainly looking to familiarize ourselves with the machines.

I was going to do a little swimming and some jaccuzziing, but my wife didn't bring her swim suit and the yoga class that she was going to take while I was water boarding, was on Wed night...not Tues night...so, we just wrapped it up and went home.

Today, I'm going after work to swim a couple of laps and sit in the hot tub to soak my aching legs.

aaaaaaahhhhh....hooooooot tuuuuuuuub....

EDIT: I just did this post at work, so yesterday's difficulties in posting seem to be gone. yay.

4 comments:

jay said...

I was going to suggest memberships to your local ymca should you have one. It's a cheaper alternative to typical gym memberships without all the contractual obligations. But alas, you seem to have already pulled the trigger. Either way welcome to the gym crowd. Robin and I are still 6 times a week and creeping up on a 40 lb. combined weight loss. Huzzah!

Rusty said...

The nice thing about LA Fitness: No rug rats.

As to the contractual obligations, we paid $99 initiation fee, first and last month's payments ($50.99 each) and just have to let them know 7 days prior to the billing cycle to end our membership. In other words, a month to month agreement with no long term commitment.

jay said...

Ooo very nice. One of the gyms here wanted like a two year contract and for such loyalty gave you nothing in return. It was sad. Thankfully the y has been good to us. Rug rat interaction has been minimal oddly enough.

Rusty said...

The other main reason for this particular gym is that I pass it on my way home from work, and it is much closer to home than our local Y.

And, gratz on being a loser!!