Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ahhh Florida!

I'm in Inverness, FL at my father-in-law's house for Thanksgiving. We ran this morning, and he promised me 11 minute miles.

As you can see, we didn't run even one mile at that pace. We did make two stops - one was his regularly scheduled drink and stretch at 1.3 miles. The second was at 3.7 miles when I had a....uh.....pressing issue...

Anyways, it felt pretty good to run in the nice weather down here, and I'm glad that my coach did push the pace a bit. He knew that I would do my best to keep up.

Thursday is my third race. I'm not expecting a PR because coach said that the course is a bit hilly and the races that I've done so far have been somewhat flat.

2 comments:

Malcolm(Grai) said...

Either crazy or inspired I have decide to also get more into running. My youngest son and I will be doing the 5k polar bear walk/run at our local Y on Jan. 1 of this year. Some of it do my own desire to enjoy my kids and life outside of WoW(crack). But part because of following your progress here.

I seem to be following you again as I enjoyed my spriest when you had yours also.

Well best of luck in your up coming run happy holidays to you and yours.

Your friendly lurker
MAlcolm

Rusty said...

Hey Malcom!
Good to hear from you! Glad to hear you've gotten into running; it really is a blast getting in shape, watching PRs fall, and participating in races.

I seem to only be posting exercise stuff, and I really need to post other stuff. I'll work on that.

8~)
Rusty