Wednesday, November 28, 2012

This IS the Half of it

Or the half mile intervals of it, anyways.  That third interval, I had a watch malfunction that added a couple of seconds onto the time, otherwise, it would have been 4:10 or 4:09 (ok, I thought I hit lap then stop, but for some reason the watch didn't register them.)

At any rate, except for the slow half, all of these were faster than my last go-around of half intervals.  Yay.  Oh, and how about that consistency for my warmup/cooldown miles?  Rockin' it like a hurricane...

Somewhere during that third interval, I hit a pace that felt effortless.  I mean, I was running around an 8 min pace, but my breathing smoothed out, my legs kept churning, and I felt like I was motoring along with very little strain.

It was pretty weird in an awesome way.  It only lasted maybe 10 or 20 seconds, but while it did last, I was in bliss.  Maybe that's what's known as the runner's high?  I don't know, but it certainly was refreshing.

No comments: