Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Recovery Run? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Recovery Run!

I think I've been sandbagging.  Maybe I've just been being careful not to strain myself or maybe I was worried about not being able to finish a run at a faster pace.  Or maybe, I was just being lazy.  If I were a betting man...I would bet the latter.

Of course, this run comes on three days rest and not an insignificant amount of unintentional carb loading, still, I think that I can safely lower the pace alarms on my runs.

To Do:
1. Sign up for the Santa Hustle Half Marathon on Dec 16.
2. Put together a schedule that includes lots of speed work.
3. Turn in a PR time on Dec 16.
4. Brag about PR on Dec 16 (must occur after Dec 16)
5. Break arm patting self on back about #4
6. Spend time being pampered by favorite nurse.
7. Repeat 1-6.

Sounds like a plan!

No comments: