Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day Two: Five miles with Intervals

I really need to figure out my watch.  I set up this workout and forgot that unless I separate out each mile into a different step, the watch doesn't mark the time for each mile.  So I need to edit my interval workout to add a step right after mile one to...run another mile at the same pace. 

What you get is a total of the two miles at the beginning and the end of the run.  I was pretty surprised that they were within a second of each other.  I've really been trying to maintain a steady pace and not speed up as I get to the end of the run.

And how about those intervals?  The schedule calls for an 8 minute pace; I ended up with anywhere from a 7:12 to a 7:28 pace.  I rested until my heart rate had dropped below 100 after each interval instead of what I've been doing (walking for the next quarter mile.)  I sure like the results better doing them this way.

No comments: