Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ups and downs

I got to participate in the wipefest on Putricide and Blood Princes on Monday with my guild. I really didn't mind the wipes because it seemed like we did better each time and learned from our mistakes. I don't expect to see these guys go down this week, but I do hope to see more progress on our attempts.

Last night, we had a fresh ICC, and I was fortunate enough to get an invite on Daxie. Unfortunately, there were a couple of things that gave me pause about raiding with Hubris; the first two were loot concerned, and all three were communication concerned.

We were encouraged to make a Best in Slot need list entry on the forums for ICC loot. In fact, if we didn't have it on our list, we basically couldn't roll for it. Fair enough.

The problem, though, is that there are upgrades to be had that aren't BiS, but are better than what I'm wearing. Of course, the first boss dropped one of those items, and I couldn't get a straight answer on whether or not I could roll on it. I ended up not rolling. Uh...ok.

The next boss dropped a pair of bracers that was on my list. YAY! I rolled, along with three others. Guess who won! Yup, I did.

Then the other shoe dropped...the guild master/raid leader gave them to the second highest roller citing that Daxie was an initiate and wasn't able to win stuff. Now that would have been really nice to know before the raid started. I looked high and low on the forums, but couldn't find any information that addressed initiate status and loot. O....K!

And the last item was after the Gunship battle, as we were lining up for Saurfang, someone was typing in raid chat that the instance was full and they couldn't get in. That's when I figured out that I had been dumped into group 6 and replaced. Uh, a whisper or even a raid chat communication to tell me to get out was too much effort when they decided to replace me? Maybe it was a test to see if I noticed that I had been moved to the bench group; well, I supposed I failed at that.

Other than those issues, I did pretty good. I was a solid top 15 in damage done, I didn't die once, and actually cracked the top ten damage on Lady Deathwhisper. Yay me.

Alrighty, enough crabbin'; time to go home.

No comments: