Saturday, January 30, 2010

iRaid Too

So, Thursday night, Daxie weaseled her way into a Hubris ICC10 with Teurion! Yay!

We killed everything up to Rotface, who we got down to 1%. Yes, a one percent wipe...soooo close. From what I've heard, though, he's still bugged for 10 mans, so we did pretty good getting him that far.

And, raiding wouldn't be as fun without phat lewtz! I picked up a pair of pants, a pair of shoes, and the Ashen Verdict is friendlier with me...so much that they gave me a sweet ring!

So, by Friday, I had collected up enough badges to get three pieces of T9.5 (with my ToC trophies) and was working on collecting badges for my T9 healing set when the call went out over gchat for the third ICCC10 group to form up. Well, I said that DV could go and after completing my instance, I switched over.

We blew through everything with some wipes on trash, some on bosses, and one on the ICC chess event, I mean, the Gunship battle. Speaking of which...

Now, wouldn't you think that 3000 arrows would be enough for a night of raiding? I mean, I certainly did, so when I got the "quiver empty" message during the second attempt on the Gunship battle, I was both incredulous and incredibly embarrassed. /facepalm

"Mommy, lookit the stupid melee hunter!"

"Shush, dear! Don't make fun of the handicapped."

"But mom!! LOOKIT HIM!!!"

Yeah, won't go down in the highlights section of my movie. Anyways, other than that, I did an awesome job!

Led the damage meter for a bit? Check!

Misdirected to the tanks? Check!

Burned down Caster mobs on Lady Deathwhisper? Like they were on fire!

Dropped frost traps for Blood Beasts? Every stinkin' time although it cost me valuable DPS.

All and all, I was able to stay out of the fire, dps the boss, collect phat lewtz. And collect them, I did! One of the drops was a nice bow, and as the only hunter in the group, it was all mine! Also, like Daxie, the Ashen Verdict is friendly enough with DV that they gave HIM a ring. Yes! Finally replaced that tarnished old piece of trash from Naxx!

So, there you have it. Daxie has ICC10 continuation on Sunday, ICC25 on Mon, Tue, and Wed, ICC10 on Thu, and DV has ICC10 on Friday. Hmmm...raiding 6 nights a week? Uh, I think I'd better get some sort of schedule worked out. To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You found my little online nest :)

I don't post about Warcraft all too often but I still play from time to time.