Friday, February 12, 2010

Like the Wind

Aside from doing some stuff in World of Warcraft because I feel I have to (grindy type stuff), for the most part, I do what ever I feel like or want to do.

This explains why I would abandon a full server of toons to start a new server, or why I suddenly decide to roll a new alt when my main needs work, or why I go mining when I really should be doing X or Y. Other than my commitments to others in the form of raids, I pretty much do as I please.

Well, last night was no exception. I've been raiding Mon-Wed, so last night was a night off. I thought I would play Daxxy the Druid to get in a full run of either Deadmines or Wailing Caverns, but I ended up jumping onto Vanco. Yeah, my neglected Death Knight has only been seeing the light of day for the occasional JC daily.

When I logged on last night, Vanco had around a 3300 gear score for his DPS set and was pulling around 1.6k dps in a Heroic. For some reason that I can't remember, he had a smattering of Conquest badges as well as some Triumph and Frost badges.

Right away, I saw that I could buy 2 Conquest badges and get a nice glove upgrade. Unfortunately for me, I mistakenly bought 2 Valor badges and had to burn 4 Triumph badges to get the mitts. Doh!

I also bought a nice new Sigil as I was using the blue one from the original gear set...yeah. So, right off the bat, I was looking better - over 3400 gear score.

So, I started signing up for randoms. I picked up a chest and a belt that was better than what I had. I also amassed enough badges for a piece of T9, and I picked up the DPS shoulders. At the end of the night, I was sitting at 3600 gear score. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.

Now, seeing how easily I can gear him up, I'd like to do just that. I plan on roping Teurion into chain randoms so I can get insta-queues, some coaching on melee dps, and fast badge accumulation.

After getting the T9 DPS gear and some incidentals, I'm planning on getting Vanco's tanking gear up to where I can hopefully make my mistakes learning how to tank without dying or getting someone killed. Yeah...hopefully. At least I won't get insta-kicked for my gear score; now after a couple of pulls, all bets are off when the group discovers the failtank...

After I do learn to tank, I'm really looking forward to my own insta-queues!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post you got here. It would be great to read something more concerning that topic. Thanx for giving that info.

Rusty said...

I'm assuming you were googling something related to wind; unfortunately, the title only describes my tendency to shift unexpectedly and erratically in new directions.

Either that or break wind, which has it's own unique characteristics...