Thursday, February 25, 2010

5 Toons, 1 Day

Yesterday, I had the cable guy come out to install my HD TV satellite box, so I took a half a day off. Add to that the fact that I declined the invite for the night's raid, and I had plenty of time on my hands for other pursuits.

First off, I did my daily random on each of my eighties - yes, I jumped back on that tanking horse again and did just fine.

So, I started thinking about my little pally (level 39) and my little druid (level 18). I decided to hop on Daxynn the Pally and see how I could do tanking (she's prot spec).

First up was Uldaman. The group was ok, and my tanking was ok. I reworked my action bars to put my taunts in readily accessible spots. I figured out that my clickyclickclicky method of playing didn't work so well as I just ended up wasting mana 'cause I'd change seals in my flailing around.

Consecration is the bomb! I learned to start the pull with Exorcism instead of a judgment due to the cast time. So I pretty much keep up Consecration, Judge when available, Exorcise when available, and Hammer of the Stun when available. Yeah, I should be reserving that last one, and maybe I'll start leaving it out of the rotation.

Note: I just looked this morning at Honor's Code and found two very helpful posts:
Sub 40 tanking
Over 40 tanking
I'll be trying to incorporate the information in those two posts into my play.

But, this is about what I did, not what I'll do. 8~)

Anyways, I didn't have too much trouble with the instance, nor did I have any trouble in the next random (Ulda again). I peeked at the damage meter, and I was head and shoulders above the second place person. I guess that's to be expected at this level.

I don't remember getting any good loot out of the runs, although one of my satchels did produce a nice ring. I did ding 40 on the first run, grabbed what little plate I had stored up, and trained my spells and riding skill. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaw!

This morning, I bought the BoA chest and sent it on over, so I'll be even more of a beast. I'm not sure how much time I'll have to play her; it was a bunch of fun, though!

Also, last night after my Uldaman sessions, I logged on to my druid (resto ftw!) and queued up for a late teens random. I drew SFK. Oh, cool, a short one. Well...shorter.

The tank was pretty good, some of the dps were a bit childish, and of course, the healer was awesome, as always.

We didn't have any wipes, although we did have a death when we got a new dps halfway though the instance - they tried going around the kitchen instead of through it. All in all, it went very well. I picked up Arugal's belt for the int.

We decided to queue for another random and drew SFK again. So, we smoked through it a second time, and at the end of the night, I had gained two levels to level 20.

I took my leave of the group and trained my new spells. That's when I found out I was not as on top of things as I should be...I trained both my level 18 spells as well as my level 20 spells. And some of them were healing spells....whoops.

Daxxy has a full set of BoA gear, so she should level pretty quickly, but I'm still not sure how much time I'll have to play her. Once again, I had a lot of fun.

No comments: