Tuesday, February 23, 2010

As the snow melts, so do I

I weighed in at 187.8 lbs this morning. I've been bouncing in the range from about 188.4 up to about 192, so it was pretty nice to see my bottom number dip down below 188.

I'm still hoping to drop that bottom number to or below 185 before my anniversary next month on the 29th. (why, yes, it's our 19th, you must have been keeping track!)

With spring coming up soon, I'll be getting out and walking, so if I keep up the portion and snack control, I should be able to maintain my steady weight loss or even accelerate it a bit. I do need to remember "Slow and steady wins the race."

While my goal is to lose weight, I want to achieve it by living in a manner that is sustainable rather than losing the weight only to gain it back when I go back to my bad habits. I want to get these new habits in place and workable so that they become the norm. That way, I can keep the weight off!

No comments: