Friday, February 26, 2010

/gquit....again

I quit Hubris last night/this morning (DV last night, Daxie this morning). When I signed on, I was under the mistaken impression that raid times ended around 10 pm eastern time.

I was wrong; they ended at 11:30 pm eastern time.

As most of you guys know, I have to be to work by 6 am, so I was trying to go on 5 or so hours of sleep. I thought that I would give it some time and see if I could gut it out.

I couldn't. I ended up just being tired. Even with getting up at 4:45 am, I was tired. I couldn't bring myself to schedule a nap after work so that I could raid. In short, I chose my current schedule over being able to raid with Hubris.

I did find a guild that raids 6:30 - 9:30 pm eastern, Sun/Mon/Wed. And they need a shadow priest. So, I applied to The Ebon School, talked with their recruitment officer, and told him I'd get back with him over the weekend.

I also talked it over with my wife, and she was supportive. It helps a lot that I will once again be able to retire for the evening with her instead of coming to bed an hour and a half after she has.

One of the things that is different over there is that they run a static 25 man raid; if you're in one of the spots, you're expected to make every raid, every week. Exceptions are available, but are expected to be rare. This is the only issue that I'm a bit concerned about as it is a firm commitment to certain days and times. Now, those days and times are very compatible with my schedule, so I'm comfortable with committing to the requirement.

I'll keep you all updated on how things work out...

4 comments:

ge3kgirl said...

Just stopping by to say "Hi" Old timer!

Rusty said...

HEY!!! Where'd you guys go?

Glad you stopped by; I'll have to email you guys and catch up with ya.

Robin said...

Well..to make a short story, We got married and gave up on WOW. Been playing a lot of Magic! <3 GenCon, Here we come!

Rusty said...

GRATZ!!!!

The missus and I are rolling up on 19 years of wedded bliss this month!