Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Trippin'

Dang, it's been over a week since I posted. Sorry 'bout that; I know that regular Rusty updates keep you all regular.

I've been in Minnesota this week for training on a scope washer. Plymouth reminds me a bit of Anchorage in that there are bike trails all over the place; unfortunately, I've arrived here just shy of spring time, so I wouldn't have gotten out on them if I were running.

I've been able to reconnect with a buddy that I was stationed with in Alaska, before I met my wife. We've had a good time talkin' about the old times and catching up with what's been happening the last 22 years.

I don't like these training trips as I usually don't get to bring my wife with me, and let me tell you, hotel rooms can get pretty lonely! The one upside is that I've been able to hit a couple of nice restaurants for dinner.

Sushi on Sunday. Thai on Monday. Ribs on Tuesday. And Greek tonight! I'm not sure what I'll be doing for Thursday, but I'm sure it'll be yummy! I'm going to weigh a thousand pounds by the time I get back home!

Last night it snowed about 3-4 inches; I hope that come Friday that I won't have any problems getting out of here. I might just have to spend the night somewhere on my way back if the going is too slow.

Monday, I should be back to running, albeit, slowly. I have decided to not try to set any land speed records for my first mini-marathon. Besides, what ever time I get, it will be a PR!

No comments: