Thursday, March 17, 2011

Quiet

Yes, it's been quiet here the last couple of days, despite all my moaning and groaning over my strain. I took yesterday off from running and plan on taking today off as well. And I might take the rest of the week off and next week.

As with most things I do, if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing. And I think that I've overdone it with running at least in regards to running with pain. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt; I do believe that I've been kidding myself that I could nurse this injury along until after the mini.

When I start back running, I'll have to retool my training program to work on endurance and not worry about speed. There are many people in the running community that would advocate an easy goal of just finishing one's first mini rather than setting a specific goal (they advise the same thing for one's first marathon.)

Now, I'm just not the kind of person that wants to simply finish; I want to do well. I want to be competitive. I want to push myself to be my best. Unfortunately, in my desire to get to where I think I should be (notice the pressure I put on myself for what may be unrealistic goals), I don't take moderation into consideration.

Remember the easy run post from a couple of days ago? Yeah, I have trouble taking it easy.

Anyways, this break comes at a good time as next week I'll be in Minnesota for a tech school, and I'll be able to waste all my spare time on Dragon Age II! YEEEEHAAAAW!

No comments: