Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Story time!

Way back in Aug of 1990, two buddies of mine (John and Eric) decided to go out to the hottest club in Anchorage for a night on the town. We all wore our trendiest clothes which included horizontal stripes and cool jeans.

Soon after arriving and setting up our corner, Eric started dancing with this girl named Cindy. So, I took a look at the girl that was with Cindy and decided to ask her to dance. Much to her later regret (I'm sure), she agreed.

We danced a bit then we went back to our separate tables. After an appropriate time space (can't look too eager, ya know), I asked her to dance again. And again...

Eventually, we all moved our stuff over to their table to hang with them during dance breaks. And to ward off any other potential dance partners.

By the end of the evening, Eric and Cindy were sucking some serious face, while my dance partner and I were much more...reserved.

As we walked the girls to their car, I asked if I could have Brandy's phone number; she declined. Instead, she asked for mine, and while I figured she'd make a nice bonfire out of it as soon as I was out of sight, I gave it to her anyways.

To my great surprise, she called me the following week and asked if I'd be interested in going on a double date with Eric and Cindy. Woot! I mean, I said that I would love to. We ended up going out to Red Robin and seeing the movie "Flatliners."

Eight months later, Cindy and Eric had been quits for quite a while, and Brandy and I got married. March 29th, 1991.

So, twenty years of marital bliss for this nutjob, and I couldn't be happier. I love my wife tons more today that I ever have during our time together and am looking forward to the next 20 years!

1 comment:

Grai said...

Congrats to both of you and here's to many many more.