Monday, October 25, 2010

Unexpected warmth creates an eyesore

This morning's run was pretty good. I was a bit sore from Saturday's 5 miler, so I just took it easy. I'm glad that I've started checking the temperature before I head out because this morning, it was 63 degrees F. SIXTY THREE DEGREES!!!! Where am I, Arizona?? sheesh.

So, I grabbed a short sleeve workout shirt; unfortunately, it was my heavier shirt as opposed to my lighter weight shirt. But, I figured I'd be all right in it.

WARNING: Severe mental images follow. The below content has not been approved for people with delicate constitutions, heart problems, queasy stomachs, hardened arteries, diabetes, acid reflux, or hemorrhoidal issues. You have been warned.

After the second mile...I had to take my shirt off. Yes, I know that the blinding white light shambling around the "nice" neighborhood (we live on the white trash side of the neighborhood) caused at least some of the residents to grab their shotguns to protect themselves against the nuclear zombie apocalypse.

I sincerely apologize to everyone over there for any retching or discomfort that I know I caused to anyone who happened to observe me. I know that you'll never be able to erase the images that have been seared into your brains, and for that I am very sorry. I also know that my apologies cannot undo the utter destruction that I have wrought.

I hope Wednesday is cooler...for everyone's sake...

No comments: