Monday, October 18, 2010

Ok, now that that's done...

I've got two goals to replace the one goal (finish a 5K race under 30 minutes):

1. Race! I am planning on entering at least one 5K (or longer) race per month. I think that I really need to get some racing experience in before I hit the next goal, which is:

2. Run the Mini-Marathon under 2 hours in May. To do this, I'm going to have to pick up the pace a bit as well as build my endurance. My current 5K pace will not meet this goal even if I could maintain it for 13.1 miles, which I can't right now.

Next race is a 5K on Nov. 6th, and the one after that is on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 25th. I still need to sign up for the Jingle Bell on Dec 11 as well as the Mini. I do plan on signing up for the training series associated with the Mini, which is a 5K in Feb, a 10K in Mar, and a 15K in Apr.

I'll be doing my first 5 miler this Saturday. Our church is having its annual men's retreat, and I've asked a fellow runner if he wanted to pull me through my longest run to date. He agreed to...ignorance is bliss. haha.

No comments: