Saturday, October 30, 2010

More Speed Work

I decided to mix things up a bit for my speed work. I ran my slow mile first in order to loosen things up. Then, before my timed mile, I rested and stretched. After my timed mile, I rested and stretched again before my fartleks. I also added three seconds to each fartlek and subtracted three seconds from my recovery time.

So, my total workout time, including walking to and from the start and finish, was around 50 minutes.

In 36 degree F weather. Yeah, it was a bit chilly. I wore the same stuff as I did at 39 degrees; it was a bit longer before I took off the gloves though. Thankfully, it was clear and once the sun rose, sunny.

In other news, we are thinking about joining LA Fitness. I'd like to get some swimming in, as you all know, and my wife would like to take a yoga class. They offer personal training services that we may take advantage of, but they are very expensive, so we may just see how we do the first couple of months without them.

One week until my next race. I have two more runs before then; Monday should be a race pace run while Wednesday should be an easy pace. Thu and Fri are rest days. Yay for rest days!!

No comments: