Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Reloading

There are a couple of things (mostly just one) that I do when I switch between main servers.

The first thing that I do is to empty all my mailboxes on all my toons. Mail only sticks around for 30 days and sometimes I use the mailbox as extra bank space, so emptying out the mailbox can be somewhat important if I don't want to lose the stuff.

Along with the mailbox, I make sure that I don't have any auctions left up. This is pretty much a no brainer along with the mailbox.

If I'm transferring a character, I might load them up with items and/or gold to assist with the other server. I did this when I transferred Daxie from Kael'thas to Andorhal; she took a bunch of Netherweave bolts and almost all of my gold from Kael'thas.

---
Now, restarting a server has certain things that go along with it as well.

The first thing that I do is to assess where all my toons are at profession wise, progression wise, and prophlession wise. Ok, I made up that last one because it sounded so nice for the alliteration!

Anyways, profession checks include using and managing cooldowns like transmutes and research, as well as includes which ones I need to level more or train since new patches have brought new recipes. With Daxie gone, Vanco needs to step up the Jewelcrafting so he can start cutting the epic gems.

Progression just means where am I at in the leveling/gearing game and where do I want to be for my toons. On Kael'thas, since I no longer have a healer, I might just give Daxe the nod for leveling to cap so I have a max level healer. I will say that I really enjoyed the druid healing, so after I badge out Dwarfvader, I may pound out the necessary badges to twink another druid for healing.

So, last night, Teurion convinced me to jump on DV after work and run some Heroics. I got two upgrades from Forge of Souls and grabbed a couple more badges for my T9 shoulders. Three upgrades in one night! Yes! From my research, it looks like I might be queuing up for Pit of Saron quite a number of times for the upgrades available in it.

Oh, and I hear that the tanks are playing a game called Dalaran roulette. It goes something like:
1. Tank jumps off the edge of Dalaran.
2. Tank ques for a Random Instance.
3. Tank bets he gets an instance before he dies from the fall.

Now, I'm not a betting man, but Vanco is a tank, so if I really want to farm badges...

No comments: