Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dwarfvader

The last two days, I've been playing DV over on Kael'thas. When I logged onto KT on Monday, DV's gearscore was around 4100 when I abandoned him about 3 months ago.

Last night, when I logged off, he was sitting at 4370. I've gotten five upgrades in two days - three the first day! 2X weapons, badge shoulders and chest, and a belt drop. Yay on me.

The down side is I needed 2X agi enchants, a shoulder enchant, a powerful stats enchant, and a belt buckle...oh, and a bunch of gems. All of this on a server that I had about 500 gold across all my toons. Ouch on me pocketbook.

Fortunately, I've been doing dailies while waiting for LFG to find me a group, so I had amassed about 475 gold on DV. I miss having thousands of gold...

The up side is that I have almost all of the profs covered, so I was able to get the mats for the enchants and have my enchanter put the enchants on a vellum. I also had several epic gems from transmutes, so I just had to find a JC (Vanco is a JC, but he's only up to 440 skill level).

Throughout the two days, regardless of my gear, I found that I still had it as a hunter - and a Beast Master hunter at that! I was able to hold my own on the DPS meter and even top it! With Teurion, I knew that I could open up from the get go to maximize my DPS (of course, I tried to cast Misdirect before each pull).

In short, I'm havin' a blast playing and gearing my end game hunter. I still have to look at Vanco and see where he's at as far as tanking gear goes; I might have to run some Heroics as DPS to buy some better tank gear.

No comments: