Friday, January 22, 2010

2X300

For those keeping score at home, this is my 600th post. Big whoopee.

With some monetary help from Teurion, I moved Daxie back over to the evil Alliance side. Once again, I have a full server on Kael'thas with three 80's. I plan on deleting a lvl 26 mage to roll a Druid, but after that, I don't know who's gonna go to make room for a Worgen, but it will almost definitely be a hunter. And, no, I don't want to wait until Cataclysm to roll the Druid.

Now, I have a lot of things that I really want to get accomplished every single day:

1. Cooldowns, cooldowns, cooldowns. I make sure I do my Inscription Research and Gem Transmute every day. Titansteel and Alchemy Research cooldowns are done on an as needed basis.

2. Dailies, dailies, dailies. I make sure I do my two JC dailies every day. If I have time, I'll try to do the Cooking daily on DV, Daxe, or Daxie; it all depends on the LFG queue times. Daxe is also capable of doing the Fishing daily if he so desires.

3. LFG, LFG, LFG. At a bare minimum, I want to get DV's frost badges, but lately, I've tried to run the daily on DV, Vanco, Daxie, and Daxe (he's 73).

4. Weekly, weekly, weekly. For a reward of 5 frost and 5 triumph badges, the weekly is usually quick, pug-friendly, and doable. A bonus to doing these is that eventually it will be EoE, and I'll finally get my "Champion of the Frozen Wastes" title on DV and Daxie.

It's surprising that I have time to do anything else with that list, but I have. DV has almost all the mats for Jeeves; he just needs to pick up the BRD repair bot schematic and collect up the mats for two of them.

DV also went to ToC10 last night with Teurion, some people from Hubris, and a number of PuGs. We one shot the beasts, two shot Lord Jaxx, and one shot the rest of the bosses.

I ended up number two on the damage meter only because (ONLY BECAUSE!!!!) I got put on ice shoot down patrol on the last boss. I maintained around 4K DPS throughout the raid, so I'm pretty happy with that. Also, I had purchased Dual Spec with my second spec as Marksman, which I used during the raid and feel fairly confident in my ability to put out a decent rotation.

I nabbed a pair of Rogue boots for my efforts that upon further reflection weren't an upgrade at all.../fail. I'm currently wearing leather boots that I thought would be inferior to anything in ToC10, but due to the new boots having Hit instead of Crit, they just weren't better. I'll keep them around just in case I need some Hit.

And, since I took the boots off the first boos, I felt the social thing to do when the polearm dropped off the last boss...was to let the other hunter have it. At first glance, it appeared to be a minor upgrade or even a side grade to my dual wield set up, but according to the Hunter Loot list, it's a pretty significant dps upgrade (>100 dps). /oh well.

I'm looking to get in on some ICC rep runs with DV; he still has a crappy ring that is really draggin' him down, man...But, last night, I got my last badges for the Crusader's chest. I'll just have to find someone to craft it tonight.

No comments: