Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Trees are for heals

No, Daxenos isn't a tree yet, but he is a designated healer.

Last night, I ground out the last couple of badges for the Headmasters Charge to send to Daxenos the Druid. I still have to collect up 40 badges for the leather caster chest piece, but he can wait a bit on that.

So, after getting my new shiny Heirloom piece, I jumped into the level 30 LFG as healz. I ended up running SM: Graveyard about 4 times...in a row. I guess there's not a lot of variety at this level.

Anyways, I'm really diggin' the druid healing; it actually fits better than priest healing for my style.

As a priest, I Prayer of Mending (frisbee) and Renew (Heal over Time - HoT). If those two spells aren't enough, I'll either Flash Heal or Greater Heal, depending on the amount of damage and the speed at which it is coming.

As a druid, and low level at that, I find myself throwing a Rejuv (HoT) on the tank and pretty much anyone else that needs a heal. Occasionally, with more damage, I'll cast a Regrowth or Healing Touch; I'm trying to always use Regrowth as my second spell (to Rejuv) as it leaves a HoT up on the tank, so I can have two HoTs on the tank. I like that.../giddy.

I just thought of something! Maybe I should throw a Regrowth on the tank before the pull, and then cast a Rejuv; that way I can have two HoTs on the tank at the beginning of the fight. /giddy.

I have yet to use Nature's Swiftness; to tell the truth, I tend to forget about it in the "oh crap" moments, which is exactly when I need to remember it! I'm thinking that I'll see if I can hot key it to Healbot so I don't have to search around my casting bar for it.

So, anyways, I'm having a blast healing on my little druid; I just wish that the Satchel of Helpful Goodies would drop some spell leather instead of the kitty stuff I've been getting...

No comments: