Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Teurion

(Jay, if you haven't read your email, read it!)

For those of you keeping score at home as to "What the heck is Dax up to?", you already know that I have three servers almost full of toons, one server with a lone Alliance toon, one server with the new server experience toons, and one server with my Alaska friends. The three main servers I see as:

Andorhal - the PVP Horde server with Robin and Jay - 8 toons
Suramar - the PvE Horde server - 10 toons
Kael'thas - the Alliance server with Teurion, VA (although she's quit for good), and the guild Blood for Blood. - 9 toons

As I know everyone out there reading this has the home version of the game (Christmas... 2007... remember??) I figured I'd move the pieces a bit.

For all intents and purposes, I play on one server at a time. The Alaska friends server is excepted from this, although I haven't teamed up with them as of yet. My server of choice has been Andorhal to hang with Robin and Jay and because of the level of my toons and the new LFG. In short, I'm seeing "new" content to me that's 5 years old in game.

I've known for some time that I might hop to another of my "mains" servers, namely Kael'thas, because Teurion has resumed playing and Robin and Jay have been losing interest due to guild issues (and maybe boredom, I'm not sure). Hey, I'm surely not calling anyone out or pointing blame, no no no; I recognize patterns that I've gone through and project them on others. I mean, come on, you all are JUST LIKE ME!!

Where was I? Oh, yeah. Teurion.

Two things draw me back to Kael'thas, and both are related to Teurion.

1. I work with Teurion. I got him sucked into the whole Warcrack thing way back when he started in the shop in 2007; we've raided together, we've run a guild together, I've abandoned him a couple of times, and he chased me down on Kael'thas. So, not only are we coworkers; while we don't do very much at all outside of work/Warcraft, we are good friends.

So, to sum it up, I want to play with Teurion if he's playing, and as he is a no alts kind of person, that means playing my toons on Kael'thas.

2. Nothing against any other tank (specifically, you Jay!), I love running with Teurion. It's probably a product of all the time at work where we gab about WoW, talking about specific pulls or strats, and whining about(him) and defending (me) the game in general. In short, we are on the same page about almost everything in game, and the pages on which we differ, we know where the other is coming from. I just haven't spent that much time with anyone else talking about the game.

I've run with some great tanks, but I have a special affinity for Teurion due to his tanking style, knowledge, skill, but mostly, because I know him so well.

So, there you have it. I'll probably be playing a lot of Alliance in the future. I still like the Horde better, though...

No comments: