Thursday, January 28, 2010

iRaid

Going with the trendy new designation i(Whatever), I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon.

So, yeah, last night, my new guild, Hubris, was kind enough to throw Dwarfvader a raid invite. I was pretty excited about getting some more time in ICC on my hunter.

Got epic arrows? Check.

Got flasks? Check.

Got pet buff food? Check.

Got self buff food (no fish for me!)? Check.

Got scrolls? Check.

Ok, I am ready!! The group had already cleared the lower portion of ICC, so I tele'd up to the Upper Spire and waited for the raid to form. During the course of forming up, somebody lamented the lack of a Shadow Priest in the raid, to which I responded, "I have a Shadow Priest."

Well, one thing led to another and all of a sudden, Daxie is in high demand. So, I switch, /gquit the guild that I have all my alts in (it's just me, Teurion's alts, and VA), accept a guild invite, and show up for the raid.

No flasks, limited food buffs, only 11 reagents for my priest buffs. After the fact, I also found out I had wrong or not optimal enchants on my gear...just sad.

Anyways, the raid was on Rotface, which is the one ICC fight that I do know, thankfully. The only difference was that this was 25 man instead of 10 man; I didn't see any differences in the fight mechanics.

We wiped about....8 times or so. I lost count. But the last time...we did kill him! I was consistently in the bottom of the DPS chart, but I did top the HOT Uptime chart, for what it's worth. I was the lowest gear score person there, so whenever I beat someone on a particular attempt, I was pretty happy.

A side note, Teurion went as Ret DPS, had the second lowest gear score, and rocked the meter by usually placing in the top 10.

After killing Rotface, we ran over and roflstomped through ToC25. I got three trophies and a pair of bracers thrown my way. Now I need to run the crap out of Heroics to get my 245 upgrades.

So...I have a new main and am going to be raiding on a regular basis. What a difference a day makes.

And a poor hunter gets shelved again for a priest...

No comments: