Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pox Time Again??

Well...sort of.

Robin, Jay, and I decided to roll new toons to level together.

Robin - BE mage
Jay - BE Priest
Rusty - BE Pally

The idea is to play these toons together and see what we can do with them as a trio. It's sort of like a Pox group in that we'll try to limit the xp we get outside of the group and reserve our leveling playtime to when we all can play together.

On the flip side, we'll feel free to tweak them as we see fit (but we won't be adding any xp gains gear), are free to powerlevel any professions that we choose, and can use our other toons on the server to help out with gold, gear, and other useful stuff.

At first, when Jay was presented with the idea of not using +XP Heirloom items, he was agast. To paraphrase: "But, but, that's like living in the stone age!!" Ok, maybe he didn't say that, but I know he was thinking it.

My response was: "We're gonna be rockin' it old school, baby!"

So, what are my goals for this group?

0. I'd like to have fun with Robin and Jay. (Computer Science dudes count from zero)
1. I'd like to, as much as is possible, level in instances. Gear resets for BC and WotLK would be an exception as well as class quests and the like.
2. I'd like to see all the Oldlands instances (and as many Outlands and Coldlands instances as we can manage) as a static threesome.
3. Jay is an awesome pally tank; I would like to learn at the feet of the master.
4. I would like to see Robin and Jay fight over clothie gear...I mean get their dungeon drops...yeah, yeah, that one...oh and get mine too!
5. I would like to have fun. Note: this list is not in order of importance!
6. I want see leveling as something that happens because we play, rather than playing in order to level.

That about sums it up. We're at level 5 right now. I'm planning on picking up Enchanting and am undecided on a second profession for the moment. Jay picked up Tailoring, so he's making some leet threads for him and Robin. My Blacksmith has crafted armor up to the 30's range, and my banktoon coughed up 12 Netherweave bags for us all. Daxxyn has 200 gold burnin' in her pocket, and a fire burnin' in her heart! LET'S GO!!

No comments: