Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 2 of LFG

Yesterday, I signed up for more abuse and punishment with the Random Dungeon feature of LFG(Looking For Group) on both my level 44 former Pox Priest, Daxea and my level 80 Priest Daxie.

An aside: Teurion thinks that I have something wrong with me for wanting to run instances on my level 44 Priest. He cannot understand why I don't just level to cap and play there. I'm not sure I can explain why I enjoy running the lower level (less than 80) instances with a level appropriate group; all I know is that I DO enjoy the experience. I like it so much that I'm willing to chance awful PuGs in order to do it.

Another aside: I'm thinking that I really like the new LFG for the sole reason that it makes groups available. Before, I would peruse the LFG and maaaaaaybe see one other person in my level instances; now, I've gotten hooked up with groups in a fairly timely manner.

Daxea's experience with the new improved LFG:
I have seen good, bad, and ugly, which one expects from PuGs, but last night was more good than bad/ugly. I still got into some groups that fell apart, but I also hopped into a group that only needed to down the last boss. I got in a full run and a partial run of ZF and partial runs of Mara (no bosses, though).

I really think that the new LFG is going to be a boon for those of use who would like to run more lower level (<80) instances as the pool to pick from just got larger. Also, the automatic assignment of tank, healer, and DPS really helps fill groups quicker.

I am planning on doing at least one or two instances a day on Daxea for the time being, although I may cut back on that after her rested XP runs out.

Daxie's experience with the new improved LFG:
Much like Daxea's experience, I saw good, bad, and ugly from joining the Random Heroic PuG feature of LFG.

The Good: Both tanks that we had seemed to be fairly competent. The DPSers usually didn't require much healing. I completed both of the random dungeons that I signed up for.

The Bad: Loot etiquette is...well, I don't know. It seems that Need/Greed/Pass etiquette is different from server to server, so when grouping with people who are used to a different procedure (ie, everyone Greeds, if you need the item, Need it) than you are used to, conflict can arise. In my case, a Damaged Necklace dropped (I'm not sure what it's for, but I know JCers really covet them and Daxie is a JCer); now that item is a green, so I selected Greed. Obviously, one of the other members was a JC, and they selected Need. Whoops on me, I guess. From now on, I'll select Need for those.

The Ugly: Oculus. Yeah, we got that as our random dungeon. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck! We wiped twice on the last guy before we got our collective poop together. Of course, jumping in the random dungeon queue will expose me to more Heroics that I really don't care for - OCC, HoL, HoS, ToC. Yeah, it'll get really ugly, I'm sure.

Overall, though, I think I'll be signing up for more abuse with the LFG on Daxie for the Frost badges and the five man fun. Oh, and Robin wants me to get some Heirloom gear for my little pally, so....

No comments: