Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A New Healer

Last night, Jay, Robin, and I did some Heroics - the first Random Dungeon had fail DPS and the second was OCC. We finally completed the stupid thing after two wipes on the last guy. I still hate that instance.

Jay and Robin had to bail for their raid, so I was left to my own devices. Now, I've been thinking about making my Druid, Daxenos, into a Healer, and last night, I bought the gear and respec to get that done.

I also reconfigured Healbot to place the types of heals in familiar key combos (Renew = Rejuvenation in my mind, which means CTRL+Right Mouse.) I'm still working on getting familiar with the different spells, so it's a work in progress.

I jumped in LFG and got a group for Scarlet Monastery: Graveyard. The warrior tank didn't really stop for buffs, aggro'd pretty much the entire first room (the torture chamber), and we some how survived. Luckily for us, the tank stopped to let me mana up.

The rest of the instance went pretty much the same. The tank wasn't too concerned about the DPS or Healer tanking mobs, so we all got hit some. I was throwing Rejuv's on all of us, which did a pretty good job of keeping people up.

We killed the last guy; I got the offhand loot. My Random Dungeon reward was a DPS Necklace. I'm sure I'll get something useful for healing sooner or later.

I do plan on picking up the Heirloom mace, chestpiece, and shoulders that are geared for healing. I may even send an Heirloom shoulder enchant because Daxenos should be the only one using them. The only problem is that I have enough Spirit Stone thingys for a weapon and shoulders, but I'd rather get the badge ones as I'm not planning on Battleground healing. Suppose I'll just have to see what my badge accumulation rate is.

Speaking of badges, I picked up a new ring and was going to pick up a wand next, but I got a nice drop in HoR, so I can put that off for a bit. I believe a head piece or legs are in order for my next purchase; of course, I suppose I need to sort out whether I want to gear up my healing set or my shadow set....choices choices...

No comments: