Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 3 of LFG

Yesterday was all LFG all the time for Daxea the former Pox Priest.

For all of my play time, I ran instance after instance after instance. ZF, Mara - Purple, Mara - Orange, Mara - uh..the last part.

One of the cool things that I apparently didn't realize was that Mara is effectively three parts; the LFG recognizes that and lists them separately as well as teleports the group to the appropriate starting place. I haven't seen Sunken Temple pop up in the available dungeons yet, but I'm hoping that that one is chopped up as well.

I like the reward for doing the random dungeon; most of the stuff has been class appropriate (except the ring of DPS warrior or Ret Pally...what's up with that?). However, the armor has been almost exclusively boots or bracers. I've gotten a number of shards, so that's good, and I did replace my boots and bracers with whatever seemed better, but it would be nice to see some other armor slots drop.

As with all PuGs, there was good, bad, and ugly.

I saw a fury warrior try to tank, which meant everybody else got to tank a bit (including yours truly).

I saw a Ret pally tank Mara the last part...very well, actually.

I put my first cross-realm person on my ignore list (the aforementioned fury warrior). I did it after running a whole ZF with everybody tanking and wiping twice to stupidity; then the very next dungeon, the idiot shows up again in the tank slot! We wiped on the very first pull because I had buffed everyone and was out of mana. I then watched in horror as he charged the first mob. /facepalm. After venting my frustration that was still pent up after the crappy ZF run, I told the group they could find another healer.

I saw a Holy pally try to DPS.

And I saw a Holy Priest forget he had the Spirit buff and not use it for the first three or four instances of the night. Oh, that would be me...noob. Oh, and I still need to get some dang glyphs. Whoops...

All in all, I'm really liking the new LFG. Yes, I've seen my share of idiots (who runs into an area ahead of the "tank" and starts fighting the first mob they see??? Yes, the crappy ZF run...), but for the most part, I've seen pretty competent players. I really like grouping with people who are leveling alts; they seem to have their crap together and know what's expected in a group - even if they're kids.

I hate grouping with people who are leveling their first toon as they usually try to play solo roles instead of the group Tank/Healer/DPS roles. To top it off, usually they're kids and mouth off when you try to "help" them understand what's going on.

So, I have developed a defense mechanism: After the first wipe due to stupidity (one can usually tell these kind of wipes), I let the group know that I have a two wipe policy and that one of them was just burned. I then encourage the group to get their poop together and work as a team.

Of course, if and when the next wipe happens, I tell them good luck and leave group. Now, I may make an exception if we're particularly close to a boss kill, but I really don't need the aggravation of wiping through content because some idiot can't seem to find the taunt button.

Anyways....I am having a blast...really!

No comments: