Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Patch 3.3 thoughts

I almost never play my normal amount of time on patch day due to disconnects, lag, and general server quirkiness. Last night was no exception.

When I am able to play, I usually am not able to hop on my current server, but rather have to jump on one of the servers that I've stopped actively playing on. Last night was no exception.

For some reason, I really wanted to check out the new LFG system on my former Pox toon, Daxea. And, I wanted to heal in whatever instance popped up from the random dungeon feature. So, I respec'd from Shadow back to Holy, hopped in the queue, and voila! I was hooked up with a group for Maraudon.

The Good: The group turned out to be pretty good. The tank tanked. The healer (me) healed. And the DPS DPS'd. Some of the pulls were a bit tricky, but for the most part, the tank held aggro on all the mobs. We downed the first boss, and we all got the Random Dungeon satchel. Mine had a nice pair of blue boots in it.

The Bad: I died once on a bad pull.

The Ugly: The group disintegrated after the boss kill. This guy had to go, then another left, then the tank left. I joined LFG again with the remaining hunter; we got into another group, but someone immediately left the group which kicked us out of the instance. After that, I dropped group and attempted to join LFG with the Random Dungeon, but was locked out with the deserter debuff.

Now, I won't jump to any conclusions with just one experience. I still need to join up with some more PuGs and see how it goes. I may respec Daxenos the Druid to healing so I can start learning tree healing sooner rather than later. Also, Daxie could use some more badges now that Triumph badges drop from Heroics.

No comments: