Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Random Thoughts

Yeah, everyone(on my currently played server Andorhal) but Daxea has done their Cooking grind.
For the record, I wasn't going to do squat with this new holiday until Jay pointed out the huge benefit, so I'm pinning my obsession on him. /pin

I have three toons that are sharing my Heirloom gear - a rogue, a hunter, and a druid. The druid currently has one dagger, the chest, and the shoulders; the rogue and hunter are sharing the other dagger and the bow. Of course, if (strike that, when) I play either the rogue or hunter with any intent on engaging in combat, I'll be mailing all the items to them.

This morning I weighed in at 190.8 lbs; unfortunately, one of the interns brought in chocolate chip cookies today. Let's just say that I've started my Thanksgiving eating early....

My wife and I started our six weeks to 100 push ups program. I was an idiot and did 15 in the initial test, which places me in the third column. Why didn't I sandbag like I always do at work??? /sigh. I really need to think about this competitive side of me and getting it under control.

On Monday, I ended up doing 47 pushups in 5 sets. Tonight I'll be doing at least 50. Meanwhile, my wife got off easy on Monday with only 12, and they were GIRL pushups at that! Yeah, don't talk to me about equality of the sexes!

My favorite knock knock joke:
Knock, Knock
Who's there?
Control Freak. NOWYOUSAYCONTROLFREAKWHO!!

I got mentioned on Kapau's 50 best WoW blogs! It looks like he sells stuff on his site, but what the hey, here's the link: http://www.wowfreetrial.info/50-best-updated-world-of-warcraft-blogs/

What do you call a walking stick made out of dried grapes? Raisin Cane.

I had Chicken Korma for lunch today. Yes, it was awesome. Yes, I made it Monday night. No, you can't have any.

It looks like the guild I joined has had some...uh...members leave(SOMEBODY STOP THE BLEEDING!!!). Several of the toons belonged to someone that I've mentioned on this post (no, not me). It looks like Deviant couldn't sustain the people willing to raid, and a lot of the officers/gm's haven't logged on in several days, so.../shrug, I know I ain't gonna step up and raid...

My co-worker, Lonnie, is starting a blog. As soon as he makes his first post, I'm going to run over there and comment on it: FIRST! I may link to it after I get in the virgin comment.

One of our interns (not the evil cookie bringer iner) has his mom and his brother in town and made the very poor choice to bring them in to work. Upon learning this (and before they arrived) I offered to punch the brother in his face; the intern declined the magnaminous proposal but reserved the right to pick it up in the future.

So, the family bringer iner intern's family ended up bringing in brownies. These interns are all the same: EVIL!

One more note about this particular intern, he introduced me to his brother, but didn't introduce me to his mom. Two things I wonder: "Why?" and "Does the fact that I insinuated that his mom and our boss are talking about his 'special' diet have anything to do with it?"

I'll be working Friday...well, 'working' is such a strong word...more like, I'll be sitting on my butt at my place of employment surfing the internet all day (all the clinics are closed, MRI is closed, surgery is closed = nothing to do). Ok, so I do that most days...I'll be doing more of it on Friday! Your tax dollars at...erm, work.

3 comments:

Mister K said...

I'm on my third week of the hundredpushups and let me tell you the fifth set is hard every day. I am really happy with my progress though so good luck to you and I hope it goes well for ya

Rusty said...

I added a table to track my progress for you all to see.

For some reason, the 4th set was difficult on Wednesday; I cranked out 17 on the last set. /shrug.

lon m said...

i m learning greek also and should be able to know what you are talking about in 6 weeks or so.