Friday, November 13, 2009

Sometimes the PuGs are good.

Last night, Daxie fell in with what seems to be a somewhat static group. She answered a call in /trade for a healer for HToC and the daily.

The HToC went pretty well - no deaths, and the daily, HNexus, went equally well. On the third boss, the hunter suggested that we go for the achievement "Chaos Theory". He had a strat, articulated it well, and we executed it. Boom, got the achieve.

After the instance, we hearthed, took a bio break, and then headed off to AN and OK. In the mean time, I got to talking with the hunter and found out he and his friends were all about "Gettin' [stuff] done!" They were pushin' hard to get the "Glory of the Hero" achievement and wanted me to git 'er done with them. Woot!

So, we did "Watch Him Die", "Hadronox Denied", and "Gotta Go" (which Daxie already had). Then we zoned into Old Kingdom and did "Respect Your Elders", "The Party's Over", "Volunteer Work" (even though we all had it), and "Volazj's Quick Demise" (unfortunately, I released and ran back, so I didn't get the achieve).

I'm pretty excited about the prospect of ticking off all of the Heroic achievements; the red proto drake mount is just a bonus (personally, I think they're ugly...). I'm just happy to be doing something that is challenging, with a group that's pretty good and is not a raid.

Maybe I'm ADD or something, but I prefer the 5 man instances to the raids. They're short, there's usually not a lot of AFK's, and they're easy....ish. Of course, if we were just pounding through them for badges, that'd get old quick, so it's good that we're challenging ourselves with the achieves.

What's interesting is that my current guild doesn't seem to be too interested in running Heroics. They're interested in running 10 man raids, but getting even a daily Heroic group together is, at times, difficult. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the guild 'cause I'm a big believer in people doing what they want to do in-game without feeling forced or compelled to group up for whatever. That's one of the reasons I won't be a regular raider and will only come to raids sporatically. I don't want the committment or guilt associated with raiding.

As an aside, I do have to give a shout out to Jay for getting Daxie "The Incredible Hulk" achievement a couple of weeks ago and for the guildies that took me to AQ20 and got me into the BT group, so it's not like I haven't been picking achievements up with my guild. Although, I must say this PuG group is intensely focused on getting them, and I find that my interest has perked up in this area...for now.

As a result from the badge farming, Daxie picked up her Triumph badge shoulders and the Valor badge boots. I've got my eye on the ring for my next Triumph badge purchase and the T9 legs for my next Conquest badge buy.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I just wanted to let you know that we booked our room for Gen Con 2010 this morning. :)