Monday, November 9, 2009

Thoughts on the weekend

I bought dual spec for Daxie and made up a Shadow spec. I DPS'd a Nexus run and managed to do 1500 dps. I don't really like doing damage as a priest, but it does expand the number of groups I can join. I'd rather just heal.

My Battlegrounds experience is going a bit better on Daxynn. I've done pretty much the same thing for every Arathi Basin battle: Guard the Blacksmith. For the millions of my readers who have never played AB, the BS is in the middle of the map with the other four nodes to the north, south, east, and west.

Guarding the BS is hands down the best spot to gather up Honor; I collected honorable kills from each of the other nodes (even dinged the Arathi Assassin achievement - 5 honorable kills at each node). I should have screenshotted it, but one game I had 6 killing blows, 0 deaths, and over 75 Honorable kills - all while defending the Blacksmith.

The Stables have to be closer to the Alliance starting gate than the Farm is to the Horde starting gate. I have never been in a game where the Farm gets tagged by the Horde before the Alliance gets to the Stables. Never.

Despite having a very slight disadvantage in the map, the Horde almost always wins AB in our battlegroup at our bracket (3X). I'm not sure why we win, but I'm sure that it's related to at least a couple of us willing to guard nodes instead of roaming around engaging the enemy. Of course, not too many of us guard nodes - I watched the Alliance try to turtle two nodes (4-5 defenders at each)...unfortunately for them, we had three nodes capped, so we just had to wait them out.

I joined a guild last week - Jay and Robin had joined, so I figured I'd go along with them. I was going to wait a bit before adding all my alts to make sure the guild was a good fit and (prematurely?) decided on Friday that I'd take the plunge and go all in. Then, I saw today that Robin left sometime yesterday. Don't know why yet - probably something to do with raiding or lack thereof. There doesn't seem to be more than 5 or 6 on at a time in the guild, so even putting together Heroics is sometimes a bit of a stretch; Daxie has been pugging all of her Heroics.

I finally bought the Heirloom bow and didn't have to convert any Triumph badges. Also, Daxie is not getting a new hat; she'll be grabbing some shoulders with 45 Triumph badges. Only 9 more to go....

I have never completed the Eye of Eternity raid on any of my characters; over the weekend, I went as heals on Daxie and made it to phase three with the drakes. I got totally disoriented on both attempts and died fairly early as I didn't stay stacked up on the group. I don't know if I'll ever complete that raid for the "Champion of the Frozen Wastes" title.

I'm approaching the end of my supply of Netherweave bags, and the availability of Netherweave cloth is slim and none, so I'm thinking that I'll have to find another way of making money on this server.

When I'm waiting for the BG's to pop on Daxynn, I've been working my way through the low level areas on Kalimdor. I'd really like to get a raptor mount for my rogue, which means doing lots of Darkspear Troll quests. I'll probably not make it before I hit 40, but it gives me something to do while waiting for battles.

That's about it. I am thinking of ponying up $55 to transfer another toon (my enchanter), but I'm not sure if I will.

2 comments:

The Fuzz said...

Robin wanted a guild that was more progressed in it's raiding since she had the highest gear score out of everyone in the guild. I'm not going anywhere for the time being because I do like to help out these guys. As for people being on, the numbers should pick up during the week and definitely tomorrow and Wednesday when we actually raid.

Plus I guess some game just came out called Dragon Age and I know a number of the guildies are playing that right now till they bore themselves and come back to wow.

Rusty said...

Ah, that explains a lot. I really don't keep track of other games and their release dates, so Dragon Age coming out would explain some of the emptiness in the guild.

And Robin, you go, girl! But you have to post about your raiding so I can live vicariously through you!