Monday, November 2, 2009

Regurgitation, Part II

Yeah, I suppose I forgot to write something, eh?

So, for Halloween, we dressed up for a costume party that was put on by our dance studio. It was a lot of fun! There was another couple that was dressed up as a gangster/flapper combo, so we took some pics with them:

Ok, ok, my costume doesn't really stand out without my accessory: My beautiful wife. That's probably why we didn't win any of the contest categories. But!....my outfit was cheap! I already owned the suit, so I paid a couple of bucks for the plastic hat and $10 for the tie. The red "hankerchief" is actually red tissue paper. Yup, I'm a big fake!

As part of the evening of festivities, we learned the Thriller dance. There was plenty of social dancing and a couple of feature dances. Unfortunately, the food left a bit to be desired, but the dancing made up for it. Oh, and the fact that we got in for half price sure helped...

Last night, I ended up watching Ice Age III with my wife. It was pretty good, but didn't measure up to the first one. The Tango scene was great, but a little too short. We bought the movie, so I might just have to pull up the dance scene and watch it again.

Hopefully tonight, I can squeeze in a little WoW; I think I played a grand total of about 2 hours over the weekend (not counting popping on to check auctions). Daxynn is still level 30. It sucks being back at the bottom of the bracket, but Jay and I did do decently one game where, despite being only 32 and 30, we topped the killing blows for the Horde. Yeah, we lost that game....lol.

I took some screenies of some BG pwness; I'll try to remember to upload them tonight. One of them is the BG where I dinged the "Frenzied Defender" achievement - return 5 flags during one WSG. I can't remember what the other one was for.

Yesterday, while grocery shopping, we found some fresh papayas. Mmmm....mmmm.....good! Ever since our Hawaii trip, we've been on the lookout for these tropical fruit; the canned stuff just doesn't do it justice as the fruit is picked and canned green, so it's hard and not as flavorful. The fresh papaya flesh is actually soft and has a different texture than the canned stuff. My dinner last night consisted of a half a papaya with cottage cheese and pineapple filling. Yummy!

2 comments:

The Fuzz said...

Is that your gangster face? I gotta say, needs some work. You don't strike fear into the hearts of people that didn't pay their protection money! Work on it!!

Rusty said...

Well, it lacks something without the "We don't got no stinkin' candy here, buddy." that I usually say to Trick or Treaters....