Monday, September 14, 2009

Interest waning...again

The first thing to go is using cool downs.

I missed my Titansteel and Titanium transmute cool downs yesterday.

The next thing to go is dropping dailies.

I haven't done my JC dailies yet today and might not make them either.

After that, I find other things more interesting than logging in. Of course, maybe it's because my mom is here or we're making the last push before leaving on our Hawaiian vacation on Wednesday, but I'm wondering if I'm just starting the "off" phase of WoW again.

Yeah, been here, done that. The pixels just aren't as shiny as they were before, and this time, I'm not looking for another game to take its place.

Last Friday, I had a little time to raid, so I joined up on a VoA raid with my guild. We spent the next two HOURS in there. Two....hours. Sure, we took on the new boss, which required three or so wipes before we figured it out, but a good deal of the time was spent waiting for AFKers.
Yeah, I thought about looking for a new guild and may do just that.

But, in that time, I missed out on going for a walk with my wife and my dog because I had committed my time to the raid, and I won't bail unless I have a bona fide emergency. I should have bailed....

Anyways, I guess I was reminded of why I just can't raid on a regular basis.

But recently, I've also had to group up in order to run 5 man Heroics, which requires that I commit time again to seeing it through. Now, this hasn't resulted in any conflicts yet, I can certainly see that coming down the pipe, and I do not want!

Once again, the end game isn't all it's cracked up to be. We'll see what happens on vacation when my wife is sleeping and I'm up and about, but I'm thinking that some good books, the Good Book, and some early morning walks might just supplant rep grinds, dailies, and cool downs.

No comments: