Friday, September 11, 2009

Fail tank is....fail, part II

So, last night after the Uldaur18 run where Daxie participated in killing Flame L and XT, I jumped on Vanco to tank a Heroic Violet Hold with some very well geared guildies.

I LFG'd in Gchat and rounded up the requisite Healer and DPSx3, and off we went!

Pull after pull after pull, the mobs just melted before me. I held aggro pretty well against the raider's DPS, and nobody died! The feral druid did pull aggro a couple of times, but I taunted right back. /pats self on back.

The bosses were just as easy; we got the Void guy and the Water guy. Both of them, as well as the dragon lady, went down very fast. The whole run went ridiculously fast!

I scored a pair of pants and some gloves for my DPS set. And got the achieve The Violet Hold.

Wait, what?

/facepalm.

Yeah, the fail tank forgot to set the instance to Heroic.....I kinda felt like I had just killed an ant with a double barreled 12 gauge shotgun....and was proud of my accomplishment.

doh!

4 comments:

The Fuzz said...

Been there done that. We got two bosses into UP before we realized it wasn't on Heroic. Oops. At least it wasn't my fault :)

Rusty said...

One of the problems stem from the fact that I never, NEVER, start groups, so someone else is always the one who ensures we're on Heroic mode.

I'd better get used to checking myself now.

The Fuzz said...

Easiest way I find is to remind myself to stop and look at the portal before going in.

Skull = Heroic
No Skull = Regular

Rusty said...

Yeah, it's that reminding part that gets me...old....can't remember crap....it all comes with the territory of being me.