Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fail tank is....fail

Ok, so I'm above the defense cap and rockin' 24K+ health plus 32% avoidance; I figure, let's go tank some instances!

Now, I was thinking some level 78-80 instances like Halls of Stone or Halls of Lightning or Utgarde Pinnacle. Well, I got Tournament of Champions. Erm, ok....at least it's not Heroic.

To say I struggled would be an understatement. The other DK ended up tanking half the time, we wiped a couple of times, and I had a real hard time holding aggro on anybody.

In short, it was the typical PuG. I'm really hoping to run with my guildies for the next couple of instances - at least they'll be a bit more understanding about my learning curve. Well, at least I hope they are.

BUT, I did receive phat lewtz: Somthing something LEGPLATES something. I can't link it here at work, but they drop off the first boss(es). They're purdy....

Now I'm starting to play the gem dance. If I slap a +x def gem here, I can free up this slot for a +x stam gem or avoidance gem. But the def gem puts me way over the cap, which isn't a bad thing, but might not be the most optimal. And should I put a split gem in there to ....ah shoot, I don't know!

I have the stam and def dragoneye cuts so far, but since I'm over the def cap, I probably should have picked up the dodge cut. Oh well, I guess I just have to do two more dailies to pick it up.

I am thinking about socketing two dragoneyes (stam and def) in my Monarch Crab to make it a kick butt trinket and to provide more flexibility in the rest of my gear. I'd just have to really like it as I'll probably hold onto it for a long time.

And lastly, I hate Alchemist Finklestein. I'm glad that I'm only going to have to be his little Argent Crusade errand boy for one more day; once I get the head glyph, I'll just wear the tabard for the rest of the rep grind. Stupid Trollbane....

No comments: