Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back to Work

My wife isn't that much better, but I had to get back to work. An unscheduled week off wasn't exactly what I was hoping for at this juncture.

Let me say this: I would much rather have my wife healthy than being able to sit around and play WoW for most of the day.

I feel pretty helpless. Sure, I can try to make her more comfortable; I can make meals, get her whatever, try to keep things from interrupting her sleep. But, I can't do anything about her dizziness and suffering. And that sucks.

Ok, enough of the pity party.

I did play WoW, and I got Vanco the DK up to 77. I dropped Herbalism on him and picked up Jewelcrafting. I'd forgotten what a pain it is to level that profession, but I am persevering.

Yesterday afternoon, I tanked Halls of Stone, and I did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself. We had one wipe - totally my fault for fighting in an unsafe spot and drawing adds....and more adds.... and then one death on the last boss. There wasn't any good loot that dropped for me, but I was just happy that I did so well.

I also did the ground work for my invisible fence. No, really, the literal ground work as in burying the wire. That sucked too. I got my youngest son involved in the project, and we finally finished it up last night. So, tonight, I get to run around with the collar and place warning flags for little Denali. Then, the training process starts. Hopefully, she'll pick up quickly on the warning flags and won't have to be shocked too much by the system.

Our Hawaiian vacation is a little over two weeks away, and now, we're not sure if we're going to be able to take it due to my wife's illness. I really hope she gets better soon....

2 comments:

Ess said...

I hope your wife feels better soon! I had a friend who was struck with similar symptoms a couple years back. He said that suddenly the world was spinning to the left and he could hardly stand or walk. He felt nauseous all the time -- was very tough for him to do anything but stay in bed.

It hit him rather suddenly and cleared up after a week or so, I think. In the meantime, he did have to stay home from work and he took some sort of anti-vertigo drug, which seemed to help a bit. Did the docs prescribe anything for your wife? (If you like, I can try to find out what he took.)

Rusty said...

The ER doc prescribed treatment through sleep, AKA Valium.

The DO we saw yesterday replaced that with Zanax, which is supposed to do the same thing without making her feel sleeping all the time. He also prescribed a steroid pack that she could start if the Zanax didn't work.

Well, she decided to, what we in the repair business call, shotgun the problem and start on the steroids in addition to the Zanax.

So far, the results are inconclusive...