Friday, September 4, 2009

Encouragement

Last night, my oldest son dropped by to pick up some stuff, and we had a really good conversation. First of all, he's starting to show some maturity as a result from getting kicked out - he realizes that he has to get a steady job. Not only that, but he also has taken steps to actually GET a steady job.

Wonders never cease....

Anyways, I told him that I was proud of him for growing up and taking responsibility for his life. I also took the opportunity to reinforce the fact that now that he's out of the house, there's no turning back, and it would only help him to put any thought of moving back behind him. I also told him that he probably wouldn't have grown if he was still living at home.

What surprised me is his agreement. He seems to realize that what we had been trying to tell him for months was actually true. Yeah, he's hard headed like his Dad.

Anyways, I just figured I'd let you guys know how he's doing and that I am really proud of the direction he's taking. I only hope he continues on this track and figures it out soon.

No comments: