Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fair Warning

I'm working on a series of posts that will automatically post while I'm on vacation. The main topic that I'll be addressing is the health care debate here in the United States.

Now, I'm no economist, scholar, intellectual, or Wall Street guru; I do, however, have a bit of common sense, a logical mind, and a witty.....erm, verbose....uh, thing-a-majig...aura stuff... aw, never mind. Anyways, I can (and do, sometimes) think, and I apply some of those thinkings (as opposed to musings) to the current debate.

One of the reasons I'm doing this is because I'm frustrated with the spin that I see in both the media and the government. I will attempt to boil down each of the parts of this mess to what is actually going on or we can expect to go on. Remember, the best indicator of what will happen is what has happened in the past. People will never stop acting like, well, people; we are all selfish by nature.

I will label all of these posts with the Economics label, so you can search or skip depending on your interest. I'm looking to the comments/arguments/discussion that these posts may spawn; the current administration doesn't seem too interested in debate, but rather,to paraphrase the president, "The time for debate is over".

So, hopefully, I'll get this series written, and we can have a good and proper meeting of the minds. Or not.

1 comment:

The Fuzz said...

I watched the speech the other day and I do agree with Obama on a lot of points he made. It is obvious that the system is broken. Is his way the right way to go about fixing it? In some aspects yes..and in others..no.

Regardless of the debate, I was ashamed of our representatives that night. I'm so glad that these people make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to hold papers over their heads or wear signs around their necks during a presidential address. I mean seriously, how old are we?

Either way, I look forward to seeing how ya feel. Enjoy your vacation man!!