Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Debate is Over

I have the world's best puppy. Hands down. No argument. It is finalized and settled.

Denali is the bestest man's best friend...ever.

Why now, you ask? Let me recount the past two mornings for you.

When I get up for work at 4 am, I shower, get ready and go down stairs for breakfast. Of course Denali has woken up and is clawing at her crate in her excitement at seeing me. I let her out for a little bit to eat and to play while I have breakfast. I also make time in there to take her out for the elimination phase of eating and drinking.

Now, usually, I do a little Bible study while I eat and then do my JC dailies in WoW. By the time I'm done with the second daily, it's 15 minutes after 5 am and time to start the morning end game, which includes sticking Denali in her kennel, going upstairs to brush my teeth and pray with my wife.

Well, the last two mornings, I did the Bible study, but then took Denali for a walk instead of turning on the computer. After the walk, I thought to myself, I should just throw her in the kennel so I don't have to chase her, but instead, I let her off the leash and finished up getting my stuff together downstairs.

When the time came for my 5:15 routine, Denali decided that that was the perfect time to play the "You chase me; I'll chase you" game, AKA "Can't touch this." I figured I'd let her chill out while I brushed my teeth and prayed with my wife and that I'd just have to catch her after that.

So, I come downstairs, ready to leave and what do I see to my surprise?

Denali is in her kennel!!

She got in there all by herself and was just waiting for me. You can bet your last dollar that I made a BIG deal out of it by praising her and petting her before I shut the crate door.

This morning, I did the same thing with the walk, and she did the same thing with the "Hard to get" game. So I did the same thing with the 5:15 routine, and when I came back downstairs....she was in her kennel! Two times in a row!

I'm kind of disappointed that I'm headed out for vacation tomorrow due to the fact that I'd like to see if this is going to become her normal thing. If it is, I would be ecstatic!

Not only does she have looks.....she has brains as well!!

No comments: