Monday, August 17, 2009

WoW The Trading Card Game (TCG)

As I mentioned before, I picked up some WoW TCG cards and have been fiddling around with them since Saturday.

I bought a DK Starter set as well as 1k of random cards, so I've been sorting them and building two decks - a Horde Hunter and an Alliance Paladin - for my son and I to play.

Right now, I have all of the class specific abilities sorted out, as well as the faction specific allies, quests, and weapons. I also separated out the Scryer/Aldor cards and non-faction specific spells, abilities, quests, and allies.

I still have a stack of dual class abilities (two class symbols are present in the upper left hand corner) that I need to sort out, and then, I need to finish building my two decks.

After looking at some deck builds, I think I need to rework what I'm putting into my two decks. I was putting in one of several different quests, but I may need to put in several of a few different quests. One thing that I hope to do is keep the two decks fairly similar in their make up with the same number of quests, abilities, allies, and weapons.

And, while the abilities, allies, and weapons will be different, I was planning on including the exact same quests for both decks. With what I'm seeing online, it's better to have as little variety (max number of each card in a deck is 4 with some exceptions) as possible in the minimum 60 card deck.

From my research today, I'm going to shoot for the following numbers for each of the decks:
10-16 quests
16-24 abilities
18-26 allies
4-8 equipment

Of those cards, I need to make sure that I have more that cost 1 and less that cost 6 with a sliding scale in between so that I don't make the decks totally frustrating in their costs. I still have much to learn.

No comments: