Saturday, August 15, 2009

Gen Con

So, I just got back from GenCon here in Indianapolis. What a blast!!

I got to see Jay and Robin. Unfortunately, we couldn't coordinate schedules on Friday, so they didn't get to meet my wife of awesomeness and the puppy of doom, as well as see the Rusty Hovel. Oh well, maybe next year.

At GenCon, I played Dominion with a guy from Michigan named Bryan. It was both of our first times playing the game, and we had a really fun time. I didn't end up buying it, but I may borrow it from someone who did. EDIT: I forgot to mention that Bryan beat me by 1 point; it turns out that I'm not invincible after all!

I also got in on the WoW Miniatures game for the free stuff - a lanyard, two TCG cards, and a Draenai Pally pin. The miniatures game was ok, but the version I was taught was Arena PvP based, so I wasn't too into it.

I then decided to try out the Trading Card Game, which I thought was much better. I ended up buying the DK set and a box of 1,000 random cards. I've sorted out the cards; now I just have to throw together some decks.

Jay and I got to play one game with our DK sets; I'll just say that my winning streak continues from last year....haha.

My youngest son entered another Yu-Gi-Oh tournament this year but didn't do very well. I think I'm going to have to start playing that game to help him sharpen up for next year.

And speaking of next year, I'm thinking about buying the two day pass so I'll have plenty of time to try out more games! I mean, I got to try out three, but there are hundreds to play! In fact, I went there this morning, wanting to play one certain game, and....I didn't. /booo. But, the upside is that I found out that one of my friends has it, so I'll definitely be borrowing it.

Well, that's the GenCon report. It's still the biggest collection of geeks, nerds, and wastoids that I've ever seen in my life...and we fit right in.

No comments: