Friday, August 21, 2009

Two Raids, One Day

Mon-Thu, I cook dinner. I get off work at 2:30 pm and am usually home by three; since my wife doesn't get home until 5:30 or so, (and since I'm a pretty good cook), I have the responsibility of making dinner those nights.

Of course, I cook on the weekends as well.

One of the things that I like to do (but don't do it very often) is to make crockpot stuff. Throw it together in the morning (both my wife and I take part in this at different times) and eat it in the evening. No afternoon prep time involved.

So, why all of that? Well, last night was a crockpot night, and after work, I got to go to Naxx25 for the Military quarter, Saph, and KT on Daxie. It was a pure PuG that had its share of wipes, but, all in all, it was pretty good (mostly due to Teurion's tanking). I picked up a wand and something else, I forgot what...

Then, at 8:30, our guild leader asked me if I could raid Ulduar. I told him I had an hour and a half, which he said was enough. So, Daxie went off to Ulduar25.

We two..three?..shot Flame Leviathan and one shot Razorscale, Ignis, and XT. Daxie picked up some gloves and something else (yeah, forgot that too - maybe a dps chest).

There were two things that I was reminded of during the, what turned out to be, two hours in the instance:

1. When you tell people that you have 20 minutes left before you have to go, someone will D/C or go AFK and the raid leader will insist on waiting....and waiting....and waiting for them. My goal was to leave at 10:10 at the latest, and I finally got out of there at 10:30. Not so bad if you get up at 5 or 6 am, but I get up at 4 am. Yeah....the suck.

2. Speaking of suck, I get sucked into the computer for the entire raid. I don't look up. I don't respond to questions. I totally ignore everything going on IRL. I focus 100% on that computer screen. And I don't really like that. Not for two hours anyway.

So, while I will still occasionally raid, I will make sure to let everyone know when I need to leave (and stick with it), and I will make sure that I don't raid all that often so I still interact with the real world while playing WoW.

No comments: