Wednesday, August 12, 2009

On a lighter note

Ok, back to the trivial, mundane World of Warcrack.

I have been running the heck out of Heroics both on Dwarfvader and on Daxie.

DV has already accumulated enough badges for the belt and legs and just switched tabards (actually took it off) to work on Valiance Expedition rep.

Daxie hasn't spent any badges and is trying to figure out a good first purchase. I'd have to look at the options again, but I do remember the neckpiece is a small upgrade whereas the T8(.5?) helm would be a huge upgrade to her little blue hat.

Yesterday, DV and Teurion ran 5 Heroics (UK, UP, ToC, AN, and Nexus) between 3:15 pm and 6 pm; not too shabby, if I do say so myself. Daxie pugged UK, VH, and CoS; it's so much easier to PuG as a healer than as DPS.

And Rysteranch, you remember him - my BC endgame hunter - grabbed some mats and worked his Leatherworking up to 425 so he could make the Icescale Armor kit for DV's new pants. For his efforts, I bought him the Heirloom Cold Weather flying book; he's going to be so happy! Of course, I have an ulterier motive....he's going to farm worm meat for crit food.....muhuhuhahaha.

I switched Smoochie over to Transmute specialty, and this morning, she got two epic gems for the daily transmute! Yay!

Daxie was able to buy the new agi/crit epic gem pattern, so DV has both of the sockets in his new drawers filled with purples.

So, with all this playing, I haven't been focusing on business too much; I've just been selling my Netherweave bags and the occasional stack of 5 Heavy Borean Leather. I'm down to about 6K gold across all my alts; it's a good thing that instances make money now.

And, lastly, I just want to go on record as saying, "I hate jousting". I finally figured out how to beat the stupid mounted dudes - stay in melee range and keep up your shields - but man, it was frustrating. Most of my frustration is the stupid clunky mount and not being able to "flip" 180 degrees by rotating the camera and pressing both mouse keys.

Yes, I understand that the jousting mount is more realistic, but I don't want realistic, I want what I'm used to having on my own mount. Is that too much to ask - to have what you have been used to having for 2+ years?

Ok, and now really lastly, I had to open up a GM ticket due to the revamped mail system. See, the old system would autofill names when you typed just a couple of letters; the current system narrows down a list of toons as you type letters. The problem is that you have to click on the name to put it in the send box and if the list is narrowed down to only one name, it appears to autofill in the send box, but it doesn't. You still have to click on it.

So, I accidentally sent some stuff to "sm" because it appeared that Smoochie's name was in the send box.

Well, I talked to a GM this morning, and he said that DV would get the stuff back. Yay! On a side note, I was happy to see that, although DV put in the ticket, I was on Daxie when the GM contacted me. Looks like they're really trying to get in contact with people who have issues and are looking at their alts when the ticket submitter isn't online. Good on ya, Blizz!

No comments: