Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What have I been up to?

I've been questing with Daxie recently. Mostly, it's due to her needing Valiance Expedition rep for the discount to epic flying, but also, it's a fairly good source of money.

So, while I have more than enough to buy the goal right now (4250 gold), I find that I'm so cheap that I'll put off training Artesian flying until I get the full discount. I'm about 2k rep short of Exalted, so two or three days of questing should finish it off.

That starts me thinking, what's next? I'm thinking that Vanco might get the call to continue leveling. Of course, I'll continue to do the JC daily and the Sons of Hodir quests on Daxie, but I think I'll put more effort into playing Vanco with a specific emphasis on tanking.

I still want to get my enchanter (Nitrodax) up to full level so she can get geared up and run Heroics and be a good source of DE material. I also would like to solo some of the BC instances with her. I don't know why, I just would.

And poor Daxynn, my level 39 pally, is begging me to level her so we can see Azeroth before the great sundering. Still don't know if that is going to happen...

Speaking of sundering, I have also been thinking about what I want to do when Catacalysm comes out (if I'm still playing).

I definitely will roll a Worgen; I mean, come on! I gotta!

I may roll a Goblin over on Suramar; we'll just have to see.

I personally like the fact that Oldlands will be redone and brought up to the same graphics level as Outlands and Coldlands. I also like the fact that some old instances will have Heroic versions. I like the new class/race combos. I like what has been hinted at regarding skill points in professions. And I like the simpler itemization stats.

I'm not sure what to think about the hunter changes, but I'm sure I'll adjust and deal with it.

I guess I'm not in the "They're ruining the game" group; in fact, I tend to accept whatever Blizzard decides to do with the game - roll with the punches. I mean, I can either whine and fret and crab about a game I enjoy playing or I can just learn the new way and continue to enjoy playing it.

I don't care that the lore is "all screwed up."
I don't care that my favorite spec is nerfed all to hell.
I don't care that all of the old stuff is remade and recycled.
I don't care that the "noobs" have it so easy these days.
I don't care that the raids have been retuned for the Morons & Slackers.
I don't care that new level cap toons don't have to "work" for their epics.
/shrug

I do care that I am able to enjoy the game.
I do care that I am still able to have fun in the game.
I do care that I am able to see the cool, new stuff that Blizzard is making for the game.

The day I stop having fun and enjoying the game (April 1st of this year) I'll quit. Maybe for a while, like this last time, or maybe for good (we'll see how SWtOR pans out..../grin).

Personally, I think it's ridiculous to be all up in arms about class/race combos, about recycling the Oldlands continents, new allies to the Horde and Alliance, new itemization, new blah blah blah, twisted lore, and the sad death of our lost youth. Whaa whaa whaa. Get over it already.

Things change, either we change to match the new reality, or we pine away in the corner wishfully longing for the "good" ole days. Let me tell ya, they weren't all that.....

2 comments:

Fal's Folies said...

Dax I agree. Like any large "living" being the game changes as the environment its played in expands and or contracts. Seems odd to me that so many want stasis. Along with not whining about the changes I've gotten to the point where patiently waiting is getting easier also. You knows maybe its an age thing but I'm excited but it is tempered knowing that the x-pac is still way over the horizon.

Rusty said...

It is exciting to see the old become new again. One beef I did have is that Naxx didn't seem to be updated at all, graphically, but as to the content, I never saw it in Vanilla, so....Yay!