Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dirty Little Secret

Ok, ok, I have to admit it....I didn't play WoW on Sat, Sun, and Tue evenings because I was busy....with Lord of the Rings.

There! I said it!

I bought it on Saturday at Best Buy and just couldn't help but get sucked into it that night. The graphics were gorgeous, the story was compelling, and my youngest son had never seen the Peter Jackson movies.

Huh? Oh, yeah, the movies, silly! It was pretty cool sitting down with my wife and son to watch all three movies. Of course, I'm still upset with a couple of things about the movies - you take the shortest book (the Two Towers), and splice the beginning to the previous movie and the end to the following movie and put in a bunch of junk that never happened....NO!

AND, Faramir NEVER, (read that NEVER), falls under the spell of the ring. That just chaps my biscuits...

Anyways, it still was a visual and auditory masterpiece and very well done, inaccuracies non withstanding.

And as far as trying the LotROnline, I'll just end up coming back to WoW.....(you know I have to do this)....we loves it......we needs it....it's our.....PREEEEEEEEEEEECIOUSSSSSSSSSSS!

....precious....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is funny we were just watching them the weekend before, while playing Magic. It must be something in the air.