Friday, February 20, 2009

Not quite on time...

...but close. Our first pull, in last night's Naxx10, occurred around 7:15 or so. We downed our last boss at 10:20ish. We blew through the Arachnid, Plague, and Military quarters with Patchwerk for dessert.

I played DV for the night and subbed in Daxie for the 4 Horsemen. I forgot to take a screenie of my 1337ness, but Teurion assured me that even though I skipped a boss fight, I still topped the damage meter. Yay on me!

Our 10 man group is starting to gel. I believe that there were only two people that were new to the group this week, one of which was VA! She's feeling well enough to heal (and doin' a great job of it!), and it looks like her recovery is going well.

In our group, 5 dpsers were above the tank in total damage; the remaining dpser was late getting home and couldn't surpass Teurion's lead, even though he made it for the first boss and subsequent bosses. Everyone but this one dpser was 2K or above; fortunately, the underperformer clocked in around 1700. In his defense, I do believe that he is undergeared.

More positives from the run included setting records for every boss kill and one shotting all of the bosses except for a two shot of Maexxna.

We are planning on continuing the run on Monday, and I have high expectations that we'll be able to finish off the Construct quarter and the remainder of the instance.

Tonight is Naxx25, and I'm planning on going (my wife has a card class with her mom). In attending, I'm presenting a quandary to my poor raid leader. See, I'm offering either a top DPS or a healer. I'd rather DPS, but I think I'm probably going to end up healing due to a shortage.

Stated plainly, the raid leader has the choice between PuGging a healer and taking my overpowered Hunter or rolling the dice on a DPSer and taking my reliable Heals. I guess in my mind, it's a somewhat difficult choice, and I definitely won't fault him for choosing the Heals. We can drag a low dpser through, but boosting healers is a little different.

I'm also very fortunate in that my guild/raid leader is in exactly the same boat: He has a Ret pally (preferred) and a Holy Pally (played as necessary). He usually ends up bringing the healer...so he understands where I'm coming from.

1 comment:

joe said...

Wooo! Tell VA grats on getting better!