Friday, October 31, 2008

I never said that what I do make sense...

And with that in mind, I did 3 SSO dailies on DV, made one Khorium scope, and hopped on over to Smoochie...

....who hit 68 last night. As a little leveling present, I took her out to STV and let her tame a white gorilladin. I'm still playing around with figuring out the AoE tanking thing with the gorilladins (I still need to watch BRK's movie); one thing that I've found out is that you have to individually tag each of the mobs before starting Volley. I had a number of mobs die that I hadn't tagged and couldn't loot/herb.

I'm not the biggest role player out there, but I do enjoy keeping "in character" if it's convenient, which is why DV named his gorilladin PuddyTat. So, with Smoochie's new BFF, I'm having to really think up a good name. While PuddyTat has a nice ring to it, Smoochie definitely would not think that name would be appropriate for a gorilla.

Of course, she is sorely tempted to call it Dwarfvader, but that would just be spiteful. Gorilladin is another name that she's considered, but that's not too personal. And "Honky" and "Cracker" would probably just get me banned....

!!!Hey!!! I just realized that my wife suggested a name for DV's gorilladin (at my asking): Elsee. Or something like that. Now that would work.....El Cee? Ellcey? I reckon I need to look up how to spell that so I can then take the derivative of it and come out with a totally unrecognizable rendering of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Gorilladin problem depends on what you're fighting. I turned everything off of autocast except Thunderstomp and Growl. I guide Flingpoo through the sea of mobs and try to proximity aggro the ones I can. Now, he's going to Thunderstomp once he has more than two mobs so you need to be fighting things that can take one or two Thunderstomps while you're collecting mobs together..then run in there once they're all together and let Volley rip. If you're 70 and trying this on low level mobs..prolly not going to work..they just don't have the hp..

I leveled my Gorilla up on the demons over at Legion Hold in SMV. They have decent hp and respawn times. I usually aim for about 3-5 at a time..

Experiment. There are a few different ways to do the aoe tanking/farming deal. But once you get good at it, you'll never want to go back to single-mob fighting again..unless it's a boss of course. :)